Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Is it a cookie? Or is it a cake?


Sunday was a good day. It was coolish and rainy, a perfect day for baking! I’ve had some Frenchie desserts on my mind lately—madelines specifically. You can imagine my dismay when I went to Target and there were no tins! So off I went to Williams-Sonoma, only to discover a $32 madeline tin which was definitely out of my league price-wise. I was just about ready to give up my tasty cake cookie ideas, but then made a stop at my Dad’s house where I found a madeline tin that definitely needed some love. I took it home and whipped up a batch using David Lebovitz’s recipe. I included the baking soda and lemon icing (and mine turned out “humpy” ooh la la!). I didn’t bother with chilling the batter, but I did stick the tin, buttered and floured, into the freezer while I prepared the batter. Baking time can make or break these little guys, so be very careful to watch and not overcook them. 

The best part was that I got to bring them to a party to share with friends!

Moriah

No comments:

Post a Comment